Experience a summer dedicated to the elements.
The Tyrolean Oberland combines the original power of water with the pure air of the Alps and the graceful mountain peaks. The green Inn river, thundering torrents, and impressive waterfalls or the eternal ice of the majestic three-thousand-metre peaks. Characterised by fascinating mountain and natural landscapes, valleys and forests to fresh meadows, this region is distinctive and unique. Just like its variety of leisure and adventure options.
Leisurely or active summer?
On your exciting hikes on perfectly signposted hiking trails, discover charming landscapes criss-crossed by wild streams, healing springs, and high moors. Enjoy unforgettable sights and breathtaking panoramas on your individual exploration tour: Rustic mountain huts and traditional Alpine pastures, which you can also reach by one of the numerous mountain railways, invite you to enjoy culinary delights and delicious refreshments. The numerous lakes and bathing facilities offer a change of scenery, tempting young and old to take a dip in the cool water.
Our Hotel Post is the perfect starting point for your summer adventure.
Head out and become an explorer
Following in the footsteps of the ancient Romans, you can get to know the region from a completely different angle: The famous Roman road Via Claudia Augusta passes directly by our hotel, and you can explore its unique sights and historic bridges by bike, racing bike, or motorbike. The Tyrolean Oberland is a paradise for friends of two wheels. A summer holiday in Prutz is always something very special.
Do you long for more?
For those seeking thrills, there is a wide range of outdoor activities such as rafting, canyoning, climbing, high ropes courses, or paragliding. Dare to be adventurous and get close to the elements of Alpine nature.
The Tyrolean Oberland’s Summercards
The Summercard BASIC is free of charge for you as a guest in the Tyrolean Oberland region and is valid after the first night of your stay. The following inclusive services are waiting to be discovered!
- Use of public buses throughout the Tyrolean Oberland
- Entry to the adventure pools in Pfunds and Prutz as well as Ried swimming lake
- The court rental fee for the Kaunertal, Prutz, Tösens, and Pfunds tennis courts is included for tennis lovers.
- Beach volleyball courts are available in Kaunertal, Ried, and Pfunds.
- Entry to Pfunds Folk Museum, the old Greit mill and sawmill, Kaunertal Valley Museum, Etschquelle Bunker, Lago di Resia/Reschensee Lake Museum, and the sawmill in Pfunds, as well as a guided tour of Sigmundsried Castle
- Use of the Tyrolean Oberland hiking bus
- Wildlife viewing in Fendels and Pfunds
- Participation in selected guided hiking and bike tours (excl. bike rental), the llama trekking tour in Nauders, and the Kaiserschützen adventure tour in Nauders
The Summercard BASIC also gives you numerous discounts at many businesses in the Tyrolean Oberland. We’ll be delighted to inform you of the offers!
The Summercard GOLD can be purchased at the tourist information offices in the Tyrolean Oberland region (from €64.00 for adults, from €32.00 for children). The GOLD version entitles you to the following services:
- Travel on all open mountain railways (Fendels, Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, Nauders, Venet)
- Use of the Kaunertal glacier road and a discount on the Falginjochbahn or Karlesjochbahn cable car
- Entry to Altfinstermünz fortress and the exhibitions in Kaunergrat Nature Park House
For further information about rates, services, and validity, please feel free to ask our reception team. We’ll be delighted to advise you!